As you can expect from summer in Bristol, this month is absolutely chocca with festivals, outdoor events, boozy tastings and a bunch of new openings.
Time to crack on and tell you where to eat and drink this month (first up should be St Nick’s Night Market on Friday 1st)…
It’s a feast of festivals this month, starting with Cider Salon on Sat 2nd, where you can choose from over 90 ciders and get a chance to meet the producers. Tickets are £30 +bf or £40 on the door (if not sold out). The same day you can also go to World of Cider at LHG Brewpub (£20), The Grand Cider Summoning at Beard & Sable (£22) or Three Cherries Pre-Launch at Strawberry Thief (£10).
The Bristol Cheese & Cider Festival at The Cider Box on 16th July at Cider Box is sold out, but you can head there for the free Cider Salon afterparty on Sat 2nd July, with a massive range of ciders, live music and food from Basement 17 Tacos.
Adding to the bonanza of events on Sat 2nd is a Vegan Food Festival at Left Handed Giant’s tap room in St Phillips, featuring food from a variety of businesses, and a full tap line-up of vegan beers.
Smoked and Uncut is a festival dedicated to food and music which takes places on Saturday 9th July just outside Bath, with a range of food stalls, bars and a music line-up including Sister Sledge, Jools Holland and Dub Pistols.
And at the start of August is the mighty Valley Fest, which takes place from 4 – 7th August next to Chew Valley Lake just outside Bristol. The line-up is an exciting mix of music (Travis, Clean Bandit, Faithles, Roni Size), family-friendly activities, workshops, chef demos and feasts with some of Bristol’s best chefs. I’ve bought my ticket to the Root & Sonny Stores feast and I can’t wait!
Supper clubs and special events
Treat yourself to a meal to remember.
- Plantbased supper club with The Cooking Flea – dates throughout July, £30pp
- Sun 3rd – Yoga Brunch Club: Rooftop series, £40
- Sun 10th – Afternoon tea at Brunel’s SS Great Britain, £15
- Wed 20th + Wed 27th – Fish and Chips Trip on The Matthew, £35
- Fri 29th – Rum & Reggae Night at Bath Racecourse, £26
Tours, classes and tastings
Try something new this month!
- Sat 2nd – Circumstance distillery tour & tasting, £30
- Sat 2nd – Vine to wine tasting day at The Square Club, £95
- Wed 6th – Wallet friendly wine tasting at KASK, £5
- Thu 7th – German bockbier tasting at The Old Bookshop, £30
- Sat 9th – Beginner’s vegan cheese workshop, £50
- Sun 10th – Chocolate bar moulding at Zara’s Chocolates, £50
- Sun 10th – Truffles and pralines class at Zara’s Chocolates, £50
- Mon 11th – Sri Lankan cookery class, £35
- Tue 12th – Chenin Blanc tasting at Cave, £35
- Wed 13th – Wallet friendly wine tasting at KASK, £5
- Wed 13th – Cave x Les Cave De Pyrene tasting
- Thu 14th – LHG & Psychopomp Beer Launch and Tasting, £10
- Thu 14th – Albarino wine tasting at Hotel du Vin, £25
- Fri 15th – Introduction to fermentation class, £80
- Sat 16th – Saturday introduction to wine with lunch, £95
- Sat 16th – Bread masterclass at Little Kitchen, £75
- Tue 19th – Somalian cookery class, £35
- Wed 20th – Summer wine tasting at Le Vignoble, £15
- Wed 20th – Summer scorchers wine tasting at KASK, £35
- Wed 20th – Avery’s virtual wine tasting, £60 (incl. 4 bottles)
- Wed 20th – Vegetarian Pakistani cookery class, £35
- Thu 21st – Chinese street food class at Little Kitchen, £55
- Thu 21st – De Dolle Belgian Beer tasting & food pairing with Naasto Baasto at The Old Bookshop, £30
- Sat 23rd – Food & wine pairing at The Kensington Arms, £40
- Sun 24th – Introduction to biodynamic winemaking at Limeburn Hill, £75
- Tue 26th – Nigerian cookery class, £35
- Tue 26th – Chenin Blanc tasting at Cave, £35
- Wed 27th – Avery’s aromatics cellar tasting, £30
- Wed 27th – Wallet friendly wine tasting at KASK, £5
- Fri 29th – Cheese & wine tasting at Avery’s, £35
- Sun 31st – Buttercream cake masterclass at Little Kitchen, £70
Just a few new places this month, The Forge & Fern is about to open in a former pub in Staple Hill, Green Street is a new pop-up from the team behind Casa Verde opening at Bristol & Bath Rum Distillery on Park Street, and Little Bagel Co. is now open on Queens Road on Cliton Triangle.
Also, after a long wait, the new Wiper & True brewery and taproom opens on Friday 15th July just off Easton Road, a stone’s throw from Old Market and several other breweries in St Phillips – the East Bristol Brewery Trail will have a new stop in August!
That’s it for this month, don’t forget to follow A Life Less Organised on Facebook if you want more food & drink news, say hi to me over on Twitter or see what I’m eating on Instagram. See you next month!
You might also like: