Welcome to 2017!
Just a quick January round up, seeing as we’re all broke and trying to stay indoors away from the frost (although I have to say that the pubs are no less busy – good on you, Bristol!)
Here’s a nifty summary of what you can munch and slurp your way through this month…
It’s a classy affair this month, with lots of opportunities to have an extra special January…
First up, if you want to kick start your month by being kind to your body – Yoga Brunch will be at The Forge on Sat 21st with food from ASIAPOP!
To celebrate the launch of their new bar in Whitehall, Bristol Spirit are hosting a Bowie Brunch on Sat 14th Jan, which includes 2 courses of food (chipotle shakshuka – yes please!) & 2 Espensen Spirit drinks (including their yummy blueberry gin) for £25.
Don your kilt and best mock Scottish accent – The Ox is hosting a Burns Night Dinner on Wed 25th, where you can get a 3 course feast with a flight of whisky for £30.
To finish off the month in style, Spanish Sunday returns to Pata Negra on the 29th Jan, with an unlimited cava and tapas brunch for just £22.50 – I’ve been before and it is immense, make sure you give it a go.
Courses and workshops
Take the opportunity to learn something new to start the year…
- Butchery course at Source on Wed 11th, £75
- Cheese & wine tasting at Arch House Deli on 11th & 19th, £30
- Burgundy 2015 En Prim tasting at Avery’s Wine Cellars, £20
- Tempering chocolate class at Zara’s Chocolate on Wed 25th, £50
- Charcuterie course at Source 25th Jan, £75
- Cupcake class at Little Kitchen on Sat 21st, £45
Catch them before they go…
- 5th Jan-5th Feb – Kebabylon at Love Inn (see the menu below – woooof!)
- 5th-14th – Pickled Brisket pop-up at The Three Tuns
- 26th-28th – Sausagenius and Pickled Briusket mash up at The Oxford in Totterdown
- 27th – Matatu Kitchen 4 course blues buster feast (£25)
Lots of new places for you to try this month, see how many you can tick off before February starts!
- The Slurp Shop has opened in the same building as the oriental supermarket on Denmark St, serving ramen by the same team behind Sticks & Broth
- Chris and Jo’s Kitchen has moved from The Vittoria to their own digs on St Michael’s Hill – pop in for some top notch & great value dishes, with lots of vegan options.
- Bristol Spirit opens its doors on Whitehall Rd from 20th Jan, serving seasonal menus alongside drinks from local infused spirits company Espensen Spirit.
- Ceres is worth a visit for some beautiful & tasty Melbourne-style brunches
- Muiño is now open on Cotham Hill, serving a bizarre mishmash of Mediaterranean-inspired small plates and burgers
- Earthcake on North St is one of the latest vegan openings in town – serving lush cake, sandwiches and assorted sweet treats
- Old Market has seen a raft of new businesses in recent months, including tapas bar Barrika and the cosy Portuguese Tavern.
- The second Atomic Burger is opening in Broadmead in what used to be Steam – a good place for you to load up on mega burgers and nostalgic decor!
- Broadmead will also soon be home to a new branch of Department of Coffee.
- Quakers Friar has seen 2 new openings from upmarket chains CôteBrasserie and L’Osteria.
Dates for the Diary
- Thu 5th-5th Feb – Kebabylon at Love Inn
- Thu 5th- Sat 14th – Pickled Brisket pop-up at Three Tuns
- Wed 11th – Butchery course at Source
- Wed 11th – Cheese & wine tasting at Arch House Deli
- Sat 14th – Bowie Brunch at Bristol Spirit
- Sun 15th – Truffles & pralines class at Zara’s Chocolates
- Thu 19th – Cheese & wine tasting at Arch House Deli
- Thu 19th – Burgundy 2015 En Prim tasting at Avery’s
- Sat 21st – Yoga Brunch at The Forge
- Sat 21st – Cupcake class at Little Kitchen
- Sat 21st – Wassail at Boiling Wells
- Wed 25th – Charcuterie course at Source
- Wed 25th – Burns Night dinner at The Ox
- Wed 25th – Tempering masterclass at Zara’s Chocolates
- Thu 26th- Sat 28th – Sausagenius & Pickled Brisket pop up at The Oxford
- Fri 27th – Matatu Kitchen, 4 course blues buster (£25)
- Sat 28th – Chinese New Year celebrations at Woky Ko
- Sat 28th – Bristol Brewery Tour
- Sun 29th – Unlimited cava & tapas brunch at Pata Negra