Welcome to sunny and merry June! Bristol has finally shrugged off it’s winter clothes and is slowly warming up to the party spirit.
Did you all enjoy Eat Drink Bristol Fashion and Food Connections? How about the Gin Festival? Luckily the pace shows no sign of slowing in terms of exciting food and drink events, so tuck your napkin into your collar, ready your knives and forks, heeere’s June!
North Street in Bedminster is getting a double dose of food fun this month – firstly with it’s own version of Make Sunday Special on 14th June, followed by the North Street Summer Fair on Saturday 27th. For both events North Street will be closed to traffic to allow food stalls, music and games, hurrah!
The centre will see the return of its own Make Sunday Special on June 7th – events include a big paella outside Pata Negra, food market stalls on Corn St, a flea market on St Nicholas St, music, samba drumming and beer tasting at Brew Bristol.
At the end of the month, Foodies Festival arrives on Clifton Down for a 3 day celebration of all things food & drink – expect lots of tastings and workshops, demonstrations from top chefs, a chilli market and other events for adults & children alike.
I’m particularly excited about 6th June, as Gluttons Club will be hosting A Taste of Portugal supper club – four courses of Portuguese delicacies and treats for £25, plus it’s BYO so you can bring along your favourite Alvarinho or beer to go with it!
Vegetarians are in for a treat on Wednesday 3rd, as The Rummer are putting on a 6 course veggie tasting menu which promises to celebrate the season’s best ingredients. If you prefer your food with a musical accompaniment you should head there on Friday 5th for their Jazz Dinner.
If you want something a bit different, pop along to St Werburghs on Thursday 18th for Dining in the Dark, or 10th June sees the debut of Sherry Club at Pata Negra – sample a selection of sherry from Harvey’s Cellars alongside the famous Jamon Iberico for £17.50, yum!
Workshops & classes
Want to learn some new skills? Little Kitchen have got some fun courses lined up this month, including Vietnamese street food, vegetarian cookery, a bread workshop and a scotch egg masterclass! It’s also their first birthday on 28th June so what better way to celebrate than booking a class (and bringing them a little cake too!)
Other courses worth looking in to are the Mocktails Workshop at River Cottage Canteen on the 20th, Introduction to Wine Tasting from Clifton Wine School on the 26th, and the Best of Bristol Beer tasting at Goldbrick House on Thursday 4th.
Dates for the Diary:
- Tue 2nd – Veg Out at River Cottage Canteen
- Wed 3rd – Rummer vegetarian tasting menu
- Wed 3rd – The Kernel tap takeover & Meet the Brewer at Brewdog
- Thu 4th – The Best of Bristol Beer tasting at Goldbrick House
- Fri 5th – Jazz Dinner at The Rummer
- Sat 6th – A Taste of Portugal supper club
- Sun 7th – Make Sunday Special
- Wed 10th – Sherry Club at Pata Negra
- Thu 11th – Scotch Egg Masterclass at Little Kitchen
- Sun 14th – Make Sunday Special Bedminster
- Tue 16th – Summer Feast at River Cottage Canteen
- Wed 17th – Brew club & beer tasting at Brew Bristol
- Wed 17th – Steak & Lobster night at The Rummer
- Thu 18th – Supper Sense: Dining in the Dark
- Fri 19th-Sun 21st – Dogfest at Brewdog
- Sat 20th – Mocktail Workshop at River Cottage Canteen
- Sat 20th – Bingo Wings at The White Bear
- Mon 22nd – Cannoli & Gunn: Pulp Fiction at Chomp
- Wed 24th – Vegetarian Cookery at Little Kitchen
- Wed 24th – Cheese & Wine tasting at Goldbrick House
- Fri 26th – Vietnamese Street Food at Little Kitchen
- Fri 26th – Introduction to Wine by Clifton Wine School
- Fri 26th-Sun 28th – Foodies Festival on the Downs
- Sat 27th – North Street Summer Fair
Enjoy June, and if you’re looking for other ways to quench your thirst or sate your insatiable appetite, here are some other guides you might enjoy…
– Bristol’s Best Burgers
– The Classiest Cocktails in Bristol
– Bristol’s Best Pub Gardens
– The Best Brunch in Bristol
– The Tastiest Tapas in Town
3 thoughts on “Bristol Food & Drink – June”
Reblogged this on Edna Allen.
Thanks for sharing the post Edna 🙂
How fun, especially the veggie tasting. Too bad I’m in California!