It’s my favourite month of the year, and not just because it’s my birthday month!
June is when the sun comes out, the festivals start and I can start counting down the days until the next East Bristol Brewery trail (August bank holiday weekend FYI)
Start your planning now, because there’s going to be a lot you’re going to want to book after reading this…
News and updates
The award-winning Urban Tandoor have launched an Indian afternoon tea, and it looks fantastic! Priced at £29.95 for two people, you’ll get a selection of sandwiches, pakoras, bhajis and cakes including gulab jamum cheesecake (!!) and scones with cinnamon clotted cream & fruit compote. YES PLEASE.
Brilliant Spanish deli El Colmado on Gloucester Road has been featured in a list of the Top 50 Food Stores in the World by The Financial Times – if you’ve not been in yet, I highly recommend it, the produce they stock is fantastic and David is a friendly and knowledgeable legend.
Looking for somewhere to watch the Euros? Many of the usual suspects are already booked up, but Harbour House have just annouced that they’ll be screening all of the matches across 12 large screens in a new riverside terrace, with ordering done via app to avoid you having to miss any of the action! Food will also be available from Street Food Riot, including bao, nachos and naan wraps. Book your table here.
Bristol Spirit are returning to their usual fantastic form for their first event of the year – they’re doing a Bottomless Booze & Pizza Brunch for World Gin Day on 12th June! Tickets are £30pp and there are table sizes available from 2-5 people, with sessions lasting 90min and your fill of gin or vodka cocktails and three choices of pizza from the brilliant Dough Heads.
As a bonus bit of info, Bristol Spirit are also doing Father’s Day cocktail and beer boxes if you’re looking for a top gift.
Dates for the diary
Some ideas for what to book this month…
- Wed 9th – Avery’s Fine Wine Virtual Tasting, £150 including 4 bottles of wine
- Thu 10th & Thu 24th – Rum Cruise with Bristol Ferry, £20 including two drinks
- Sat 12th – Bottomless Booze & Pizza Brunch at Bristol Spirit, £30
- Thu 17th – No.3 Gin Club at Milk Thistle, £25 + bf
- Thu 17th – Charcuterie, Cheese & Wine evening at The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer, £35
- Thu 17th & 1st July – Gin Cruise with Bristol Ferry, £20 including two drinks
- Sat 19th – Bread making course, incuding lunch and bread to take home, £80
- Sun 20th – The Tapas Social at Little Kitchen, £55
- Sun 20th – Father’s Day afternoon tea at Brunel’s SS Great Britain, adults £35, children £23
- Mon 21st – Tapas Cookery Class, £65
- Tue 22nd – Persian Food Cookery Class, £65
- Thu 24th – Boutique-y Rum Club at Milk Thistle, £25
- Thu 24th – Vinyl & Vine Pairing at The Kensington Arms, £25
- Fri 25th – Mastering Pasta at Little Kitchen, £45
- Sun 27th – Macaron Masterclass at Little Kitchen, £50
- Wed 30th – Avery’s June Virtual Wine Tasting, £60 including 4 bottles of wine
There are plenty of fresh faces to visit this summer, including…
- Dogtown serving up loaded hot dogs in Wapping Wharf
- The Garden of Easton on St Marks Rd
- NYC Kitchen pop-up outside Arnolfini
- Love Brownies on Park St
- Emmeline has relocated a few doors down on Stokes Croft
- Low ‘n’ Slow diner on Whiteladies
- The Secret Larder has is now at the Crofters Rights Summer Garden
- A new Boston Tea Party in the former River Cottage on Whiteladies Rd
- Mollie’s Diner in Cribbs Causeway
- Alpha Bottle Shop on Bedminster Parade
Coming soon are Bar Ripiena in the former La Sorella, a new cafe in Castle Park, and a jazz bar on Bedminster Parade, plus a new Wiper & True brewery just behind Trinity Centre in Lawrence Hill/Old Market
That’s it for this month, you can see more food & drink news by following A Life Less Organised on Facebook, see what I’m eating on Instagram, or say hi and tell me where you’re eating & drinking on Twitter.
Other stuff you might like…