As we get closer to spring, the amount of festivals and big events is picking up – before you know it we’ll be sat outside Arnolfini in the sunshine with a cider in hand!
Scroll on to see the tasty events going on this month…
There have been a few exciting announcemnts recently, including the chef lineup for Eat Drink Bristol Fashion in May – tickets are still available for the day sessions on Sat & Sunday, plus the special chef banquets. See more here.
Japanese food maestros Tsukemono will be popping up at The Robin Hood on St Michael’s Hill from 3rd March until 24th April, with a special launch party on 6th March featuring a tap takeover from Good Chemistry Brewing. Opening hours will be from 5:30 until 9 Tuesdays to Saturdays, as well as Friday lunchtimes from 12 until 2.
Mother’s Day is on Sunday 22nd March, and a few key events taking place include a Mother’s Ruin Tea Party with cocktails at Bristol Spirit, a Bottomless Cava Spanish Syle Roast Dinner at Pata Negra, and a Mother’s Day afternoon tea at Heartfelt Vintage. You can also see some Mother’s Day offers at bars and restaurants across Bristol here.
There are also a couple of music and food mashups this month, with the jazz brunch at Bambalan on Sunday 29th, and a night of live blues and whisky tasting on Friday 13th aboard the Lightship Theatre.
The British Dal Festival returns from 21st-31st March, with restaurants across Bristol taking part by running pulse-based dishes for the Dal Trail throughout the festival, and a special dal edition of St Nick’s Night Market on Friday 27th March, featuring cookery demos, live music, dancers, street food and a dal-themed market.
Classes & workshops
Learn something new this month!
- The Dusties: Kilchoman tasting at Hyde & Co, Thu 12th, £43.
- Grains, gradients & graffiti beer tour, Sat 14th, £29.
- Fermented food workshop at Coexist Community Kitchen, Sun 15th, £49.
- Pintxos class at Cookig It!, Tue 17th, £45 .
- Irish whiskey masterclass at Black Rock, Thu 19th, £15.
- Wild Beer tasting at Brewhouse Bar & Kitchen, Thu 19th, £10.
- Fine Wine Night with Clifton Wine School, Fri 20th, £50.
- East to West food tour, Sat 21st, £50.
- Spanish Wine Tasting at KASK, Tue 24th, £30.
- Gambian cookery class at Coexist Community Kitchen, Wed 25th, £35.
- Hayman’s Gin Club at The Milk Thistle, Thu 26th, £20.
- Bristol Whisky: The Taste of Whisky at The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer, Thu 26th, £20.
- Pulses cookery class at Square Food Foundation, Thu 26th, £45.
- Looking beyond Europe wine tasting at Avery’s, Fri 27th, £15.
- Introduction to sushi at Little Kitchen, Sun 29th, £55.
- Celebration Drip Cake Class at ANNA Cake Couture, Tue 31st, £150.
There are a few new places to visit this month, including supper club venue (and highly-rated roast dinner spot) Truffled of Totterdown, CUP coffee shop on Park Street and Baraka Community Cafe in Easton, plus the very snazzy new Gin and Juice cocktail bar on Park Street
Businesses opening soon include a new Tuk Tuck on Stokes Croft, Cave wine bar on Gloucester Road, The Cider Box in one of the railway arches behind Temple Meads, and a new cocktail bar and cafes in Finzels Reach later in spring. La Sorella is also changing focus in the coming weeks to become a lasagne wine bar – sounds like my dream place!
Some other guides you might find useful:
- Where to go for a curry in Bristol
- Bristol’s best brunches
- The best harbourside restaurants in Bristol
- Top Bristol pub crawls
Dates for the diary
- Wed 4th – Raclette Night with The Bristol Cheesemonger & Bristol Cider Shop
- Wed 4th – Beefeater Gin tasting and cocktail masterclass at Be At One
- Thu 5th – TOØL tap take Over at Wild Beer Co at Wapping Wharf
- Thu 5th – Charanda Mexican rum tasting at The Rummer
- Fri 6th – Good Chesmitry brewing tap takeover at The Robin Hood
- Fri 6th – Sisters are Brewing it for Themselves at Lost & Grounded Brewers
- Fri 6th – Wrington Beer Festival
- Sat 7th – Clandesdiner supper club
- Sat 7th – Gin Masterclass at The Kensington Arms
- Sat 7th – South of the River food tour
- Sat 7th – Cheese & wine pairing at The Kensington Arms
- Sun 8th – Foundations of baking & pastry at Cooking It!
- Sun 8th – Pasta making workshop at Coexist Community Kitchen
- Sun 8th – Women In Beer at The Good Measure
- Sun 8th – Yoga Brunch Club x Bombay Brrrrunch at The Forge
- Tue 10th – New Orleans cuisine class at Cooking It!
- Wed 11th – Vegetarian Pakistani cookery class at Coexist Community Kitchen
- Wed 11th – Explore USA and South Africa at The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer
- Wed 11th – Sustainable seafood workshop at Severnshed
- Wed 11th – Rum Club at The Clockwork Rose
- Thu 12th – Wine tasting with Wright’s Wine at Bertha’s Pizza
- Thu 12th – The Dusties: Kilchoman tasting at Hyde & Co
- Thu 12th – Dim sum cookery class at Cooking It!
- Fri 13th – Throught the Italian Seasons with Cibomatto at Sundial Kitchen
- Fri 13th – Live Blues & Whisky Tasting at The Lightship Theatre
- Fri 13th – Starting your own microbrewery at Bristol Brewery School
- Fri 13th – Peace Feast at Baraka Community Cafe
- Fri 13th – Introduction to Cider with Bristol Cider Shop
- Fri 13th – Wine Launch at Aldwick Estate
- Fri 13th – Spanish Steps class and dinner at Square Food Foundation
- Sat 14th – Grains, gradients & graffiti beer tour
- Sat 14th – Vegan spring lunch and gut-health Q&A at The Forge
- Sat 14th – Hummus Traffic at Bristol Spirit
- Sat 14th – Bristol beer tasting tour
- Sat 14th – Food & wine workshop at The Kensington Arms
- Sun 15th – Bottomless burger club at Burger Theory
- Tue 17th – Domaine La Loyane Meet The Winemaker at Le Vignoble
- Tue 17th – Eating for Pleasure, People & Planet at Poco
- Tue 17th – Pintxos class at Cookig It!
- Tue 17th – The Kitchen Brewer at Little Kitchen
- Wed 18th – Explore Spain and Portugal at The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer
- Wed 18th – Inspire Pop-up Restaurant at Sundial Kitchen
- Wed 18th – Sri Lankan cookery class at Coexist Community Kitchen
- Thu 19th – Irish whiskey masterclass at Black Rock
- Thu 19th – Persian cookery class at Papadeli
- Thu 19th – Wild Beer tasting at Brewhouse Bar & Kitchen
- Thu 19th – Cider dinner at Box-E
- Thu 19th – Cheese & wine pairing at The Kensington Arms
- Thu 19th – Beer & cheese at Bristol Beer Factory
- Thu 19th – Sat 21st – CAMRA Beer Festival
- Fri 20th – Fine Wine Night with Clifton Wine School
- Sat 21st – East to West food tour
- Sat 21st – Bread making course at The Assembly Bakery
- Sat 21st – Gyoza masterclass at Eatchu
- Sat 21st – Italian cheese making at Coexist Community Kitchen
- Sat 21st – Spring foraging walk at Fernhill Farm
- Sat 21st – South of the River food tour
- Sat 21st – Drag Queen Brunch at Bambalan
- Sun 22nd – Mother’s Day bottomless Cava roast at Pata Negra
- Sun 22nd – Mother’s Day at Le Vignoble
- Sun 22nd – Mother’s Day Mother’s Ruin Tea Party at Bristol Spirit
- Sun 22nd – Mother’s Day afternoon tea at Heartfelt Vintage
- Tue 24th – Macaron class at ANNA Cake Couture
- Tue 24th – Pizza giro at Bertha’s Pizza
- Tue 24th – Spanish Wine Tasting at KASK
- Wed 25th – Champagne, sparkling and fish & chips at The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer
- Wed 25th – American Southwestern Cuisine class at Cooking It!
- Wed 25th – Diplomatico rum tasting at Weber & Trings
- Wed 25th – Gambian cookery class at Coexist Community Kitchen
- Thu 26th – Pulses cookery class at Square Food Foundation
- Thu 26th – Timothy Taylor’s Tap Takeover at The Good Measure
- Thu 26th – Hayman’s Gin Club at The Milk Thistle
- Fri 27th – St Nick’s Night Market: Dal Edition
- Fri 27th – Introduction to Cider with Bristol Cider Shop
- Fri 27th – Looking beyond Europe wine tasting at Avery’s
- Sat 28th – Calcotada Festival Lunch at Bar 44
- Sat 28th – Brewing crash course at Bristol Brewery School
- Sat 28th – Slow Supper Club at Bristol Spirit
- Sun 29th – Easter egg making workshops (adults & children) at FLIP
- Sun 29th – Easter egg making workshops (adults) at FLIP
- Sun 29th – Introduction to sushi at Little Kitchen
- Sun 29th – Jazz brunch at Bambalan
- Mon 30th – Fish cookery class at Cooking It!
- Tue 31st – Wines of The Rhone: A Masterclass at The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer
- Tue 31st – Celebration Drip Cake Class at ANNA Cake Couture
- Tue 31st – Best of Spanish Cookery class at Cooking It!
- Wed 1st April – Cider and burgers at Squeezed